Monday, September 28, 2015

Duty Free Splurge - Estée Lauder Travel Exclusive Eye Palette

I started off this year with a week in Cuba. Our flight was departing from T1, my favourite Duty Free terminal. That is where I like to spend most of my time before boarding. Plenty of things I wanted to purchase, but in the end didn't. For all that I wanted there was only one item I regretted not buying.

So when a couple of weeks ago, I was once again heading for a little R&R via T1; a Duty Free browse was in order. As luck would have it a couple of these were still of the shelf, I didn't think twice.
A sizeable rectangular palette encased in a classic plush sleeve that many high end brands are know for.
The gold case looked gorgeous until I got my fingers all over it, but I can live with that.
The palette is classified as "travel" by EL because 3 of the shades are labeled as having been produced in the US and 3 in Italy. Is it true? I don't know... but I like the idea.
I've always been  a fan of EL shadow formulation (no exception in this case), nicely pigmented, easy to blend, excellent wearability. It's the green that stuck in my head when I passed on this initially, that I couldn't wait to swatch, even if it's also the one that I'll wear the least :) It swatches darker than I anticipated. I promise myself to make use of it, this coming holiday season.
Vacation is now over and I'm back to my regular schedule;

No comments:

Post a Comment