Monday, February 8, 2016

NARS Blush - Goulue

Somehow during my online Sephora browse I stumbled upon this blush... I didn't care for the name (don't even know how to pronounce it), but I was drawn to the shade. The fact that it is limited edition and only available to VIB Rouge members had me searching online for swatches. Having seen a few, I decided a 2nd NARS blush should become a part of my collection (first one being Orgasm years ago (not a fan)). 

Wikipedia explained "Goulue" to me as well; in short it's a nickname given to a French can-can dancer meaning "Glutton". She was very popular in the last 1800's, and her name was Louise Webber. I don't know for sure if that is who NARS intended to name their blush after... but it seems right.

While I was never a fan of Orgasm (I just got swept up by the hype), and given a second chance I would never have bought it, Goulue is perfection and should become part of the permanent collection.

This is a perfect marriage of cool berry with golden sheen, not shimmer... sheen. It's not frosty, it's beautiful.
I am in serious like with this blush.... ok... possibly love
Here are some swatches to help you visualize why this is so perfect.
Even at 1pm sunshine has that late afternoon yellow tone... love this city... but natural light is hard to come by 9 months out of 12 :)
I could not, and glad I did not pass this up.

No comments:

Post a Comment