Thursday, May 26, 2016

Guerlain La Petite Robe Noir Deliciously Shiny Lip Colour Vernis - 060 Rose Ribbon

The last time I painted my nails was August 2014. It's took me a while to get these digits in order. Hoping I can maintain them from now on, and no more splits or major breaks... because I have a very healthy nail polish stash that I want to play with it.

For all the polish that I bought months and years ago, it's the most recent addition that I decided to end my dry spell with.  It's the packaging that got me, a mini polish version of their La Petite Robe Noire fragrance.

There are 9 shades in the range, but this is the only one that was at Sephora during my visit, and so this is the one I ended up with.

The polish is fragranced. My husband says it smells like bubble gum... definitely on the sweet flowery side. Even after 3 days of wear when I held up my nails to my nose, I could still smell the scent... so maybe not for everyone.

The product line up for my first paint job of 2016:

NailsInc - NailKale Superfood - base coat (1 coat)
Guerlain - Rose Ribbon - color (2 coats)
China Glaze - Fairy Dust - accent (1 coat) - favorite
Deborah Lippmann - On A Clear Day - topcoat (1 coat)
Zoya - Hurry Up - drying drops (1 drop per nail)
For someone who hasn't painted her nails in almost 2 years, I must say I did a pretty good job. It's mostly thanks to the fantastic short but perfectly wide brush, that held just enough polish for nice even coats.
Love the formula and love this light pink.
I put this on my nails on Sunday, I took it off Wednesday night. It held up pretty nicely for me, with minimal tip wear and some tiny chipping that I noticed after my yoga class on Wed. I'm not one who expects her mani to last 7 days with no signs of wear... 3 days is good enough in my books.

No comments:

Post a Comment