Saturday, June 18, 2016

Should just stay down....

Here is the thing… when you’re on a diet and slip once, it might as well be over. At least that seems be the case for me. I thought my makeup ban was going to be a breeze. I have so much of it already, that I felt I’d remain un-wanting. Well I was wrong… here and here and here and here and today’s post... and oh yeah husband here.

Sephora had a little VIB Rouge event on Jun. 15th, I went with intention to only purchase an eye cream (something that I actually needed) and to score the sample bag… but my resolve melted into thin air the minute my feet passed that Sephora threshold.

Items that were acquired:

Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in Rose Julep - Youtube influenced purchase. I believe I saw kathleenlights mention this particular one on her channel… and it just stuck with me. I love the color, it has a sweet scent, and a nice minty feeling on the lips… might become a staple of mine.

Caudalie Resveratrol[Lift] Eye Lifting Balm
- The item I actually went to the store for. Did my online research days before. I did not want to be swayed by SA sales pitch or overwhelmed by choices. Caudalie is a favorite brand of mine. Currently I have 5 of their products in rotation, and eye cream makes it 6.

Alterna Caviar Clinical Daily Detoxifying Shampoo With Red Clover - I had 4 shampoos in my shower when I made this purchase, this makes it 5. I feel my hair has been on the thin side lately (feeling a bit stressed), and I’ve enjoyed using this in the past. Having it back in my arsenal alleviates some of my anxiety.

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Camellia - I have Snapdragon, and it is so beautiful, that I wanted another one from this collection; and Camellia caught my eye. Swatches coming soon; but if you’re looking for a gorgeous blush with a glow then check out this lineup from Becca.

And because I dragged Jason to this (my official basket bearer :)), a couple of items for him.

Boscia Wakame Firming Hydrogel Mask
- We do love our sheet masks. I wanted to try this one for myself as well, we’ll see how he likes it first.

Caudalie Hand and Nail Cream - The only one for J; it is simply the best.
Now for the freebies. I never know what to expect, but this was a total score.  First, the size of the bag itself… massive :) Could probably fit a laptop… iPad for sure :) and such a pretty design.
Second the samples, win.

CoverFX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment - I have one primer on my beauty desk, that I barely reach for, maybe this will change things for me. 

Kat Von D Lolita - What’s all the hype about this liquid lipstick? I hope to find out in the near future. This is my first and only liquid lipstick. I don't belong to the liquid lipstick club. I like my lips glossy and moisturized, not matte and dry. This might not be a product for me.

MUFE Aqua Lip in 3C - neutral shade will always come in handy.

Atelier Cologne in Pomelo Paradis with a postcard :) - pomelo... I should enjoy this sample... but probably not enough to purchase.

Too Faced Chocolate Soleil in Medium/Dark -  might be too dark for me; but maybe not.

Sunday Riley Good Genes Treatment - if you’re not blessed with them they come in a bottle :)

Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Repairing Mask - I'm open to a mask that claims to "promote collagen production"... hopefully it's a good one.

Next fail coming in July… I already know… that’s when another Sephora store will open in Toronto (Yonge & Eglinton)… or so they promise on their window sign. You know I’m going to the opening celebration if there is one. By that time I will most likely need to re-stock my night toner and morning face wash... so intention will be there to just walk way with two products... but lack of willpower may result in another "off the wagon" post.






No comments:

Post a Comment