Monday, June 20, 2016

Tarte Clean Slate 360° Creaseless 12-Hr Smoothing Eye Primer

Online description at Sephora:
"This primer acts as a smudge-proof base for shadow while preventing fallout and migration of color. The universal shade glides on easily and powers through the day into the evening for 12 hours of perfect wear."

Sounds great. I don't like it.

It sort of works for me, sort of doesn't. Depends on the shadows I use. Most of the time I have creasing at the end of the day... I guess by then the 12 hour promise is up.

I was sold on this because the formula is marketed as waterproof, and formulated without parabens, sulfates, synthetic fragrances, petrochemicals, phthalates, or GMOs. I'm trying to make my skincare/ makeup routine more natural and organic... but this product just doesn't jive with me.

It has over 300 reviews on Sephora online and a near perfect star rating... which means I'm an outlier, and you shouldn't base your decision regarding this product by reading my words.

I didn't throw it out... still using it and will use it up. I just won't repurchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment