Monday, July 4, 2016

No excuses... just a story...

Yesterday I went into Sephora (on Bloor St.) because I wanted a couple of disposable mascara wands, and given how much money I spend there annually I figured they won't mind if I help myself. No purchase was intended; and none happened... at Sephora that is. But while there, I passed by the NARS display and saw their Summer release... because I am who I am, I was drawn to the new blue (at least it looked blue in the pan) shadow called Pool Shark... then I swatched it, and it was a gorgeous periwinkle blue leaning a bit more towards purple. I wanted it... and off to Holt Refrew we strolled.

Literally 5 min later... I walk out with these treats... in order of purchase.

NARS Dual-Intensity Eyeshadow in Pool Shark - explanation above... so weak.

Tom Ford Cream Color For Eyes in Sphinx - My first and only Tom Ford makeup item (not counting nail polish, I have 2). I've watched Tati gush all over this shadow, and how hard it is to find. So I strolled by TF display to see what all the hoopla is about. There was none to be played with, but an SA approached me asking if she can assist me with anything...
Me: Well I'm looking for a cream shadow called Sphinx but I see you have none.
SA: No, I believe we have one left. Last one... let me check.
Me: anticipation building, while she opens a drawer and has a look
SA: Yup, here it is. We've received two shipments so far, and this is just selling out.
Me: Will you sell this one to me?
SA: Of course... then she drops it
Husband: ooops there it goes... broken
Me: I'm still buying it. I'm a lost cause
The shadow is fine... it's sturdy TF packaging. Planing to swatch it next weekend. Hopefully I'll love it.

CHANEL Le Vernis Longwear Nail Colour in Emeraude - I was out the door, but the Chanel counter looked busy, so I thought perfect time to do a slow stroll by.... it turned into a pit stop for a gorgeous shade of green (Emeraude means Emerald in French). It's been a while since I treated myself to a Chanel polish... they have gotten more expensive... still no regrets with this beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment