Thursday, November 24, 2016

CHANEL: Emeraude - nail polish swatch

I saw this shade a few months back... it was released for Summer 2016... but all I could think is, this is a perfect Christmas tree shade :) I bought it on the spot, because in my collection this one is one of a kind... a gorgeous forest green with gold shimmer.

Mani lineup:

NailsInc - NailKale Superfood - base coat (1 coat)
CHANEL - Emeraude - color (2 coats)
Deborah Lippmann - On A Clear Day - topcoat (1 coat)
Deborah Lippmann - Boom Boom Pow - accent (1 coat) on my ring finger
Zoya - Hurry Up - drying drops (1 drop per nail)

The day I decided to wear this (Nov 20, 2016)... was our first true "winter is here" day... freezing, cloudy, with snow flurries... no sunshine to show the gold, but that's what Google is for :)

Love the shade, hate the brush. It was thin, long, and flimsy.... seriously for what CHANEL polish sells for (it has gone up in price) I found this lack of quality disappointing.
I am not sure if this summer release was limited edition. If it was, then this post of mine is a tad cruel... but then again anyone who reads this blog, probably stumbled upon it by accident... and this is not a resource for the latest beauty news :)

No comments:

Post a Comment