Sunday, November 6, 2016

Project Make a Dent (MaD 2016 - 3rd quarter update)

Oooopsie this update was supposed to happen at the beginning of October. I totally forgot about it. So Q3 update is happening a month later.

What I started with, here

Q1 check in, here

Q2 check in, here

And now 10 months later here is where I stand.  Picture taken around 3pm... light is getting yelloooow. Good thing this post isn't about swatches.
1. Guerlain Météorites Powder For The Face in Teint Rosé 01 - The special edition packaging each holiday season is so beautiful, but I just can't justify a purchase, since after 10 months of daily use, it looks as if I hadn't used it much at all. Plus I don't really think it does anything for me, I love the packaging, and scent of the product, and the sound the spheres make as I swirl my brush in the container... but as for my skin, I don't think I'd miss it if I didn't own it.

2. CHANEL SOLEIL TAN DE CHANEL - In my original post in 2012 I wrote "I don't see myself repurchasing this for at least 5 years"... words becoming truth :) More of the bottom has been exposed, but not nearly enough to call this done. This might be included in next year's MaD project.

3. Burberry Eye Liner in Midnight Blue - Next year if I decide to include a pencil in my MaD project, I'll have a progress bar of some kind. Because I made a some effort to use it up, but definitely not enough to seriously notice. Makeup sure last a long while.

4. Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill  #7 Sweet Fire - we are where we were... my brush just doesn't navigate to this pot.

5. CHANEL Illusion D'Ombre - Illusoire (83) - same here... I might have worn this once in the last 3 4 months.

6. CHANEL Rouge Coco Shine - Rebelle 63 - Ughhh made myself a promise to use this and didn't keep it. I've reached for it only a handful of times. Placing this front and centre on my "wear daily" list. It'd be nice to use it up by the end of 2016... I think I can do it.

7. Anastasia Beverly Hills: Brow Ex-press - I feel a weird sense of accomplishment. Had this since 2010; so long gone from Sephora shelves. This set included brow templates (none fit mine), brush (love it, use it daily), and 4 products: wax, cream hi-light, 2 different powder colours. I used up the wax and cream hi-light years ago; and now have only a tiny bit of the light taupe shadow left, that is too light for my brows but lovely in the crease.

No comments:

Post a Comment