Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Marc Jacobs Highliner - Deja Blue (57)

I saw this blue, picked it up, drew a line on the back of my hand.. and even knowing that it won't be reached for often I could not leave it behind. Because until I acquired this pencil I truly did not own a blue this pale... and the makeup lover in me just had to have it.

I'm not the only one who loves it. It has sold out online at Sephora (actually most of the shades from the matte collection appear to be out of stock), and in-store stock was low too (the locations I tend to frequent anyways - Eaton Centre, Bloor-Yonge, Eglinton-Yonge :)). Hopefully they replenished the shelves for the spring sale that started yesterday (depending on your membership level).

Because at $31CAD a pop any discount is a good discount.
Even though I'm dangerously close to 40, I'm not about to succumb to some "40+ makeup rule", which seems to be matte-neutrals only.... don't get me wrong I love my matte-neutrals but I also love glitter and colour. My makeup choices might not be yours, but that's what makes makeup fun.

And this shade is all fun, on the lower waterline for that eye opening/brightening effect, or just straight on your lash line because that's what the day called for.
I love it.

The serious drawback is the price, wish it was $10 bucks cheaper; because there are 4 other MJ pencils I'd love to own... but the price makes my almost 40 hands tremble :)

PS. At the time of posting this entry MJ Beauty is cruelty-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment